At p.s. 204 we strive to be B.E.A.R.S
PS 204 school wide non-negotiables:
- Everybody will be safe!
- We will not disrupt students’ learning
- We will communicate with appropriate school language and demonstrate appropriate behavior
- We will try our best and show effort
- BEAR Awards @ monthly assembly
- Lunch with the teacher (choose a friend to attend)
- Free time Friday (board game/art etc.)
- Special Classroom treats
- Super BEAR award
- Important class jobs
- Class DOJO Parties
- End of Year Ice Cream Party
- Middle of Year Movie Day!
- Verbal warning
- Buddy class/reflection sheet
- Loss of recess
- Parent Contact
- After school detention (A letter will be sent to parents/guardians that their child is scheduled for detention due to breaking school non-negotiables)
CHILD MIND INSTITUTE PARTNERSHIP
PS 204, along with the CHILD MIND INSTITUTE, is working to provide social-emotional support for families and students in crisis. Mentors and psychologists from CHILD MIND work with teacher’s to assist with challenging behaviors and management. For more information, contact the office!